The Schlitz Palm Garden is situated on Rainbow Avenue near Constitution Mall. The Restaurants, Cafeteria and Beer Garden has a seating capacity of 2,500 persons.
A side note:
In Feb., 1939 the first "No Deposit, No Return, Not To Be Refilled " beer bottle is introduced by the beer industry weighing only 7 1/2 ounces compared to the 12 or 13 for the standard deposit bottle (throw-aways did not become a major beer container until the 1960's, in 1950, only 2.6 % of all packaged beer sales were in this type of container). Source: www.slahs.org/schlitz/history5.htm
- Return to:
- Community Interests